Sunday, February 2, 2014

It Feburary - time for 2014 to get started!

It is February and that marks the OFFICAL start to the new year for me. I tend to fluff around in January, loll about and indulge in lazy Summer days. I think that is the way it should be.  The last week is rush, rush, rush to get back to school stuff ready and then bang! February arrives and it is business time!

Well this January was a bit different for me. I worked (insert miserable, resentful face). So in the spirit of making lemonade out of lemons - Mr G, who was on leave, was given a gazillion Back to School tasks, so when it finally was my time for some annual leave in the second half of January, I only had hair cuts to deal with.  

Clearly I am happy on the beach!

Now here is where is get exciting bloggers!  I love the beach and feel that each Summer, in order to fulfill  my inner needs, I must do something beachy.  I left my run a little to late for renting a place at the beach near Melbourne and only had a choice of $5000 a week houses - nice I am sure but out of my pocket's league.  Then I got creative. My in laws live in WA in a coastal town. Hmmm, they don't see the kids regularly. Hmmmm, MIL would cook and look after us. Hmmmm, I would have fun op-shopping with MIL. Hmmmmm, Tiger Air say they can get 4 of us there and back for under $1300. (For OS bloggers, Perth is on the other side of the country, a 3-4 hour flight) and 3 hour time difference, long way from Melbourne).  So off we went!

Now here is the exciting blogger bit. I met up with one of my favourite bloggers!!! Bron, from Taylor Made My next post will be all about it, so I won't go into detail just yet, but boy was it fun!!

So I will leave you with a few summery, beachy pics for now - see you in a few days!

 When I enlarged this picture for my Facebook page, I was astounded to see, on the right 
a little seal! This is the beach, right behind my In Laws home. 2, 3 swims daily!




 Vintage scrabble, the 1972 version that belonged to Mr G when he was a lad


Summer hair


Free figs and eggs were a daily enjoyment at Gran's

 going out on the boat is quite the norm in Perth


A bit of hand fishing off the boat




6 comments:

Angels have Red Hair said...

A beach holiday and visit with the rellies all rolled into one ... sounds perfect to me :0)
xx

Just Martha said...

What great lateral thinking skills you have for a win win situation! Yay. Cheers to beach hair and seals. Pretty cool that, having a seal for a neighbour!

Bron said...

why hello...so glad Perth treated you so fine.....you sure were onto a good idea staying with your in-laws ( she was such a sweetie I can only imagine the fun you had. )
xxxxx

Peaches McGinty said...

Hi there! gorgeous sunny pictures and fab family time (your pics remind me of what the sun looks like hehe! it's perpetually grey here!) x x x

Peaches McGinty said...

Hi there! gorgeous sunny pictures and fab family time (your pics remind me of what the sun looks like hehe! it's perpetually grey here!) x x x

Unknown said...

Welcome to 2014…looks like you had a super fun time!